Wishful Blogging with ShopBack |Being Lost On Greatness

Nuffnang

Monday 6 March 2017

Wishful Blogging with ShopBack

When you wish upon a star
      Makes no difference who you are
      Anything your heart desires
      Will come to you
🌠
If you sang the above lyrics instead of reading them, you are just like me! That is a snippet from my childhood favourite - Disney's "Pinocchio". I grew up watching Disney movies and this iconic song always remind me that it only take a wish for my dreams to come true. You may argue that just by making a wish, nothing comes true but you are missing the point. The fundamental value that I see from this song is that one should never give up hope – and this will eventually motivate you to achieve what your heart desires. Personally, I believe everything has its perfect time – even wishes. 

Speaking about making a wish, this “comeback” blog entry is all about my WishList for 2017. “Errrmmm….isn’t Christmas another 9 months away Melvin?” you may ask. Some of you may even point out it’s too early to hint for my birthday gift. Let me assure you that if my fairy godparents over at the #1 Online Cashback/Rebates site in Malaysia reads this, I may just get my wish granted by 31st March!

Wishes coming true?
Fairy godparents that grants wishes?
Earning while shopping?

If the above 3 lines sound unbelievable, read on and I guarantee you that by the end of this blog you will be a believer!

Let's take a look at the Top 5 items in my wishlist (Yeaps...i just realized i have too many wishes!) lolz!



ITEM #1:
PARTNER MERCHANT: Lazada
ITEM DESCRIPTION/DETAILS: Ibanez PF15ECE Acoustic-Electric Guitar (Natural)
CASHBACK POTENTIAL: 8% cashback (Non-electronics)

WHY I WANT THIS PRODUCT:

I love music. Since owning my first guitar back in 1996 (A classic kapok), I have created countless memories holding a guitar. From playing in a church band, recording Youtube tutorials to performing in a pub in Ireland and even when I proposed to my then gf and now wife on the sandy white beaches of Boracay, there was always a guitar in my hand. In the past 20 years I have only owned 3 guitars – a kapok, an electric and my current semi-acoustic. If you know me, you would know that I have always said “NO” when anyone offered to buy me a new guitar for my birthday or Christmas and you would be wondering how come this is now on my wish list. Unfortunately, my Hofma semi-acoustic took one knock too many “battle scars” and the neck vibrates at certain chords 😭 I’ve been looking around for a new guitar and this Ibanez seems to be next chapter for me.

For those guitar fans who are reading this, here’s some sweet info I gathered on this model. Definitely an excellent bargain with the additional cashback!

The Ibanez PF15ECE cutaway acoustic guitar specifications:

Summary: A dreadnought body with Spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck, rosewood fretboard and bridge, chrome die-cast tuners, Ibanez Advantage bridge pins and Ibanez Under Saddle pickup with Ibanez AEQ2T preamp and inbuilt tuner.

DREADNOUGHT BODY INFO

A very popular acoustic guitar body shape, the Dreadnought is rather large, and typically emphasizes the bass frequencies of the instrument. The word "Dreadnought" referred to a large, modern super-battleship of the Royal Navy. The Dreadnought-size body is at its best in ensemble settings, where ultimate power and focus of tone is required to be heard among other instruments. This potential for power and clarity has made the Dreadnought guitar the most popular guitar size today, and the preferred choice of flat-pickers who require a guitar that can be heard among such loud instruments as the fiddle, banjo or mandolin.

Parts
Remarks
Body shape
Cutaway dreadnought body
Top
Spruce
Back & sides
Mahogany
Neck
Mahogany
Fretboard
Rosewood
Bridge
Rosewood
Body binding
Ivory
Tuning machine
Chrome Die-cast Tuner
Number of frets
20
Bridge pins
Ibanez Advantage™ Bridge pin
Strings
D'Addario® EXP11 Coated 80/20 Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauge)
Pickup
Ibanez Under Saddle pickup
Preamp
Ibanez AEQ2T preamp w/Onboard tuner
Output jack
1/4"" output
Battery
Yes - 9V Battery
Finish top
Gloss
Finish back and sides
Gloss
Finish neck and back
Gloss
Neck Dimensions

Scale      650mm
a : Width at Nut                42mm
b : Width at 14th Fret     54mm
c : Thickness at 1st Fret   21mm
d : Thickness at 7th Fret  22.5mm
Radius   250mmR
Body Dimensions

a : Length            20""
b : Width              15 3/4""
c : Max Depth    5""

A recent guitar tutorial with my trustworthy Hofma


ITEM #2:
PARTNER MERCHANT: Lazada
ITEM BRAND: Huawei
ITEM DESCRIPTION/DETAILS: Huawei Mate 9 5.9" [64GB ROM + 4GB RAM] - Champagne Gold
CASHBACK POTENTIAL: 3.5% cashback (Electronics -  New customer)

WHY I WANT THIS PRODUCT: 

A quick search on Google will tell you that an average smartphone can last up to 18-24 months. My current phone is definitely above average but it is showing signs of “aging”. The battery can hardly last till lunch, everything is slower with storage space close to non-existent while apps start occasionally crashing. Eventually it’s more useful as a paperweight than a piece of electronics.

As someone who rarely changes mobile phones, the Huawei Mate 9 is the perfect buy. It comes with the latest technology, ample storage space, 4GB of processing power, state-of-the-art cameras and all beautifully wrapped under a gorgeous champagne gold body. Words can’t do justice to this beauty so please watch the review video below to understand why I picked this phone J

Huawei Mate 9 Review

ITEM #3:
PARTNER MERCHANT: ZALORA
ITEM BRAND: ADIDAS
ITEM DESCRIPTION/DETAILS: Adidas Sprung Red And Gray Fabric Watch ADP3278
CASHBACK POTENTIAL: 9.0% cashback (Adidas purchased via ZALORA)


WHY I WANT THIS PRODUCT:

Marriage has taken a toll on my waistline. My dear wife is an excellent cook whose food I can’t resist! Only last week when we were going through our pre-wedding pictures I realized how “different” I look 2 years on. Read through some online forums and found out that “health watches” are in the in-thing to help with weight lost but none of the designs namely Fitbit and Suunto fit my taste. A colleague of mine who is a self-professed shopaholic chanced upon this Adidas watch and commented that he found a watch that would go really well with my favourite Man Utd jersey.  I asked for the link and fell in love the moment I set my eyes on this ultra-cool watch. Not only is it suitable for my everyday use but it is also fitted with a tracking technology that updates with pace, distance, steps and calories burnt for the ultimate weight lost motivation that I need! Oh, and did I mention it comes with a fabric strap and stainless steel case?
Don't you agree it will be a perfect match?
ITEM #4:
PARTNER MERCHANT: Qoo10
ITEM BRAND: Kenwood
ITEM DESCRIPTION/DETAILS: KENWOOD Bread Maker Machine BM260 (White color)
CASHBACK POTENTIAL: 2.0% cashback (Baby & Food, Home & Living, Deal & Entertainment)

WHY I WANT THIS PRODUCT:

As you would have known by now, my wife loves to cook. Her kitchen is almost complete except for a bread maker. She has been asking me to get one but I’ve always argued that she has the multi-feature built-in oven and furthermore it is more cost-effective to buy bread then to make em’. I even gave her a breakdown of how many loafs of bread she has to make before breaking even! It all changed when my wife brought home a loaf of bread that was homemade by her colleague. It looked perfect – a hearty loaf with raisins, butterscotch, macadamia nuts and glazed with honey! Wait a minute… “Deeeaaar, where did you buy this bread? Never knew they have those with my favourite combination of raisins, macadamia nuts and butterscotch!” I asked my wife. “That’s what a bread maker can do huns” she smiled as she sliced the bread. Her response changed everything. I must admit my wife’s decision of selling me her need of a bread maker through my stomach was the best move ever!

ITEM #5:
PARTNER MERCHANT: Zalora
ITEM BRAND: Tommy Hilfiger
ITEM DESCRIPTION/DETAILS: Tommy Hilfiger Long Sleeve Shirt (Purple with White Dots)
CASHBACK POTENTIAL: 9.0% cashback (New customer)

WHY I WANT THIS PRODUCT:

It will only be fair if my wish list included at least 1 clothing item. My body is outgrowing my existing clothes & soon I will need to buy clothes one size larger! I was browsing through Zalora site when I noticed this Tommy Hilfiger shirt. 2017 seems to be a year for wedding dinners and family functions. This American classic would be a fine addition to my wardrobe. Wonder if I can fit into their size L!

I believe while reading through my wish list, you would have noticed the “Cashback Potential” fields. This is directly referring to “Earning while shopping” that I mentioned earlier in this post. Sounds too good to be true? Trust me…It’s true! You can earn an additional RM5 if you register via this link and make your first purchase J

Please allow me to share more on this amazing site that gives you money while you shop! Yes, you read it right – Shop and Earn at the same time. ShopBack.my is the #1 cashback/rebate site in Malaysia. It is a Singapore based ecommerce that was also featured in The Star Online, New Straits Times, Says.com, The Borneo Post, TechInAsia, Channel News Asia and more. Shopback has over 500 partnering merchants including Lazada, Booking.com, Qoo10ZALORA, Foodpanda, Uber & more. For every online purchase through their website, you get cashback on top of the existing discounts and promos of your favourite online shopping sites. This can then be easily cashed out through your local bank account (Worked seamlessly with my Maybank2u account)

What's the catch? Actually, there's none. The only thing to note is that the percentage of cashback depends on the individual merchant and items purchased. You can sign up on ShopBack for FREE by clicking this link!

If you are not based in Malaysia, fret not. Shopback is also present in Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, India and Taiwan.

Now that you know what ShopBack is let me explain how it works.







If you are someone that prefers watching a video, check out the video below on how ShopBack works.
60 Seconds introduction to ShopBack

In summary, ShopBack shares the commission they receive from the merchant with us (the shoppers) and that my friends, is a win-win situation!



The fun doesn’t stop there. Shopback Malaysia is celebrating their 2nd Birthday on the 22nd February and they’re in the mood for a BIG celebration with their Win-A-Wish Blogging Contest! Tell them what's on your birthday wish list, convince them and you might just be the lucky few to have your wish granted! *crossing my finger & toes*

1 comment:

  1. zaman sekang sangat mudah untuk membaca...cuma kekadang banayak masa tgk face book...jauhkan la membuang masa

    ReplyDelete